Here are 3 reasons why vehicle leasing brokers should include video in their content marketing plans
It's no secret that video content has well and truly exploded over recent years and in fact, video content will make up over 80% of all online traffic by 2021, according to Cisco. Now, the idea that video content is an excellent marketing tool isn't a new one, however what is new is its increasing importance to consumers which makes it an extremely valuable tool to add to your content marketing strategy!
1. Improve Your Websites SEO
You may already be familiar with the phrase 'content is king', well this applies to video too. Including video in your online marketing efforts will undoubtedly help with your website's SEO, providing you are doing it correctly.
To help you get the biggest ROI, we've outlined 3 SEO tips to help you properly optimise your video content.
- Keywords, Descriptions and Meta Tags: If you're creating your own video content it is important you choose a carefully thought out name and description to go with it. This is your opportunity to utilise some of your target keywords, but remember, try to use phrases and keywords your users will actually search for. This may sound obvious but you'd be surprised how many videos miss out on better search results by having poorly optimised titles.
- Implement Rich Snippets: Just as you should do in other areas of your website, it's important to implement rich snippets and structured data for your embedded videos. This not only helps search engines gain a better understand of what your video content is about, but it will also allow the search results to include thumbnails and descriptions giving your website a better appearance in the SERPs.
- Video Transcripts: Although Google and other search engines can parse some content from your video, they'll have a hard time extracting it all. To help your videos have the biggest impact on your website's SEO you'll want to transcribe them. A great way to do this is to tie them into a blog article. This way you can use keywords from your video in a text based format along side it, which Google will definitely be able to pick up. The best videos to tie into blog articles are often how-to’s, explainer videos and reviews.
Pro Tip: If you're uploading videos to Youtube it's a good idea to include some backlinks to the relevant pages on your website within the video description.
2. Increase Engagement and User Retention
Video content is a fantastic way to increase your user engagement and retention, especially on leasing websites. I’m sure you’re all aware that a car is often the second biggest purchase an individual will make, so it’s understandable that they’ll want to do their homework before signing, and this is where video content can help. If your user has found their way to a vehicle details page then they’re obviously interested in that deal so the last thing you want them to do is to navigate away in search of more info. Your goal here is provide as much information about the vehicle as possible and a great way to achieve this is through video reviews!
In the age of information-overload, video has been proven to capture more customer attention than text based content so embedding video content onto your website will not only help the user but it will also increase your websites 'dwell time'. If you're unfamiliar with the term 'dwell time' it's one of the many ranking factors search engines like Google use. A higher dwell time often translates to your website featuring more valuable content.
3. Increase Conversions and Sales
Ultimately, one of the main benefits of using video in your content marketing strategy is its ability to help increase your conversion rate. Don't believe me? Well, a report from Vidyard shows that 70% of marketers claim video outperforms other content for producing conversions, which absolutely makes sense. Watching a compelling presenter talk in detail about a product or vehicle can greatly influence the buying behaviour of your visitors as opposed to reading a wall of text. Conveying the right emotion through video is a powerful selling tool and it also gives the user a more detailed and visual insight into the product.
So now that you understand the benefits of incorporating videos into your website what are you waiting for? A great way to get the ball rolling is to utilise a third-party service such as Car and Driving. They provide a huge library of in-depth vehicle reviews which can be integrated into your broker website seamlessly.
For more information about car leasing websites, or if you'd just like to pick our brains, please don't hesitate to get in touch!